PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE of SKIN EXFOLIATION & COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY FOR BEAUTY PRACTITIONERS (CHEMICAL PEELS, MICRODERMABRASION AND MICRONEEDLING)
Exfoliative treatment is a common preparation used in Aesthetics and beauty. Chemoexfoliation (chemical peels) superficial depth and physical exfoliation (Microdermabrasion) is a simple, cost saving and effective procedure
Learning about types of peels and its complication is a must for each beauty practitioner. Proper technique to apply along with Pre- and Post- care for each peels will produce optimum results with minimal down time. Micro-needling is also known as micro-puncture or collagen induction therapy, and it involves the use of tiny needles to create precision micro-perforations where the dermis and epidermis meet. The result is controlled wounding that stimulates collagen, elastin production and skin renewal and repair. It is also often used to prepare the skin for topical ingredients, as the micro-perforations which allow skincare ingredients to more efficiently penetrate into the skin.
It’s a booming market for aesthetician as its cost effective and more user friendly as compared to laser devices and the results is as good as laser treatment. Beautician can even assist doctors in preparing patients in the pre and post care of a micro-needling procedure. Once they have completed this course they will be confident enough in handling the chemical peels, microdermabrasion and micro-needling treatment in their own salon and to manage its complication if any arises.
- Fundamentals of Skin Science
- Knowledge in Chemical Peels
- Safe technique protocols, indication, contraindication,
- complication management, pre- and post-peel care
- Knowledge in Microdermabrasion (MDA) For Face and Body
- Hands on training in Microdermabrasion
- Knowledge in Microneedling/Mesotheraphy For Face, Body and Scalp
- Hands on training for face rejuvenation and acne scars
- Hands on training for stretch mark treatment and scalp rejuvenation
- Log books to be completed :
- 3 cases of Superficial Chemical Peels
- 3 cases of Microdermabrasion
- 2 cases of Microneedling for face rejuvenation / acne scars
- 2 cases of Microneedling for stretch mark & scalp rejuvenation
- Open to public (local and international)/Beautician/Nurse/Non-Doctors/Doctors
- Compulsory to have one year working experience in beauty industry
- Gain new skills in medical procedures making yourself more employable in cosmetic clinics, medi-spas, and beauty salons as aesthetician
- Facial specialist
ADVANTAGES OF MAIC, SCHOOL OF BEAUTY & HEALTH
- Conducive and up-to-date learning and teaching environment
- Hands-on learning, theory and practical
- Emphasis on soft skills and hard skills
- Our teaching staff are highly qualified and come with industry experience to help you acquire the knowledge and skills that employers will appreciate.
- On campus residence means you can be within the easy and safe reach of the college’s facilities. It is a great way to meet friends and to immerse yourself in college life.
- Support of industry-based learning tools
- We are only 15 minutes away from major highways in Klang Valley, such as LDP, Sprint, Kerinchi and Federal. Parking is also ample and safe for those who prefer to drive.
- All our programmes are very affordable and Malaysian students are eligible for education loan.